Skip to Content
Print this entry
- Not washing your hands is the key ingredient in stopping the spread of bacteria.
- University of Auckland scientists found moisture left on the hands mobilises bacteria and acts as a germ highway allowing high numbers of bacteria to be transferred by touch contact.
- The research showed that careful drying of hands reduced more than 99% of the bacteria.
- It also found drying with paper towels for 10 secs removed 80% of bacteria while hot air blowers needed 45 seconds to remove only 60%.
- Wear a mask when dealing with mulch. Aspergilus (Farmers Lung) and Rhizerpus (Tree Loppers Lung) are real threats to our health.