- Root prune for as large a rootball as you can carry.
- Treat the root ball with Mycorrhizal inoculate when doing the root pruning.
- Reduce the top growth at moving time.
- Spray the remaining foliage with anti-transpirant.
- Have the new hole already dug and watered in with more Mycorrhiza before bringing the tree home.
- Support the tree with a trio of braces for the first year or two and mulch.
Will it work? Will the tree survive? I would think that it would have a good chance. Remember not to plant deeper than it was growing, it would be better to plant 2-3 inches higher if there is a chance of settling.
Sub-Tropical Fruit Club of Qld. Inc Newsletter August – September 2007