Visiting Chester Dott – Forbidden Fruits Nursery, Mullumbimby
by admin | November 27, 2020 7:27 pm
- Also see article titled “Grafting Workshop”
- Custard Apple – take the centre out of your custard apples trees.
- Chester recommends Howe Longans as they have big fruit and the tree is dwarf.
- Grafting Black Sapote you need wood that’s been hardened off – don’t use the soft new growth – October. The variety Bernacher is more upright but you get a lot of seconds and it is also bat prone! Maher is more rounded but is susceptible to splitting. The fruit is on the tree for a year.
- Autumn Bliss and Heritage Raspberry – AB is a late season and Heritage is early but AB has better flavour
- Mango – recommended are late season varieties: Keitt, Palmer, Brooks and they fruit in that order.
compiled by Sheryl Backhouse
STFC newsletter Feb Mar 2008
Source URL: https://stfc.org.au/articles/visiting-chester-dott-forbidden-fruits-nursery-mullumbimby-2/
Copyright ©2023 Sub-Tropical Fruit Club of Qld Inc. unless otherwise noted.